IAG Stage 2 Short Block
The IAG Stage 2 Short Block is designed for modified EJ25 Subaru's that need a beefed-up performance short block. The IAG Stage 2 short block builds off the Stage 1's strengths by adding IAG Spec H-Beam forged connecting rods. The upgraded rods and bearings are able to support additional engine load produced by larger turbochargers that the OEM STI rods cannot support reliably. Each IAG Stage 2 Short Block starts with new Subaru 2.5L 99.5mm stock bore EJ25 engine case halves as standard. The short block is measured and assembled using a new 2017+ Subaru 2.5L nitride treated STI crankshaft that is matched to ACL or King race main bearings. IAG-Spec H-Beam rods and ARP2000 rod bolts are utilized along with ACL or King race rod bearings. The case halves are sealed with new OEM main case bolts and sealant. Finally, IAG-Spec JE 99.5mm Forged Pistons are spec'd and installed finishing off the short block.
Stage 2 Short Block Includes:
- Case Halves - Brand new Subaru OEM case halves 99.5mm stock bore
- Pistons - IAG-Spec JE 99.5mm Forged Pistons, Ring Set, .180" Chromoly Pins, Clips, (Perfect Skirt Coating and Offset Wrist Pin)
- Connecting Rods - IAG-Spec H-Beam Rods with ARP2000 rod bolts
- Rod / Main Bearings - ACL or King Race Bearings
- Crankshaft - Standard New Subaru Nitride Treated 2017+ STI Crankshaft
- Case / Main Bolts - Standard FHI Subaru case bolts
Additional Options Available:
- IAG Oil Pickup - Upgraded oil pickup featuring heavy gauge steel tubing, 2 point bracket & mesh filter - (PN# IAG-ENG-2081)
- IAG Oil Baffle - Upgraded oil control baffle and windage tray - (PN# IAG-ENG-2087)
- IAG Oil Pickup & Baffle Set - Upgraded oil pickup, oil control baffle, and windage tray - (PN# IAG-ENG-2100)
- Hardware / Seals - OEM cover and seal kit - (PN# IAG-ENG-1720)
Power: The IAG Stage 2 Short Block has a power output rating of 575BHP.
*All IAG Short Blocks are balanced and blueprinted.
Compression Ratio: 8.5:1 on D Cylinder Heads (EJ255)
Compression Ratio: 8.2:1 on B, V and W EJ257 Heads with standard thickness gasket.